Sunday, June 21, 2009

SORRY

First of all, I am very sorry for not updating this until now. So much has been happening and the internet connection here sucks. So I am going to update you guys what has happened so far…

Thursday…

Showed up around 1:00 to several friendly greeters who showed me to my cabin that I will be staying for most of orientation. I dropped off my bags and parked my car, checked in, and then was rushed to a social gathering for staff to hang out and meet each other. It was kinda awkward answering the same questions over and over and it started to sprinkle as well. After we ate dinner, we met with our campus and did some ice breakers and learned a song. At this point it was raining out and it was pretty crappy outside. Then it was bedtime, so I went to the shower house to take a shower. Let me explain the showers for you. You walk into this building that is a cement floor. There are about 10 showers on the guys side of the building (this is for my campus (2nd 3rd and 4th graders) each shower consists of a shower head a 4ft x 4ft area to stand in and a curtain. There’s no changing area or anything so it’s kinda awkward. Anyways I got done, went to bed and froze my ass off for the first night. I might be going to get a better blanket soon.

It rained all night…literally…and then all day Friday…literally….for over 24 hours…ridiculous!

Anyways I’ve been doing lots of training and orientation stuff, playing games, and singing songs, sleeping in a bed under a leak and bein cold in the rain almost all the time. It’s pretty intense but also I think I am going to really enjoy it once the campers arrive. This might be something that I could slowly work my way up to the upper levels in my career, either working during the summer or even maybe possibly working full time or starting my own camp.

Well I think that is enough for tonight. We get to sleep in tomorrow until 8AM!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Too bad you're freezing your ass of, but I know you're going to have tons of fun once the little buggers get there. :) Have fun! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you want me to comment on the shower situation but I will not be pulled in.

    Keep up the good work. I still do not envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk a bit more about "awkward" in the context of the shower. In my high school the boys shower had 5 shower heads and one big curtain to keep some of the water from spilling out into the changing area which was an open space with lockers lining the walls. I always found that situation quite amusing except when I noticed someone peeing on me in the shower area. But is was really feel it, you had to see the stream shoot out of the "hose".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I left out "hard to" between "really" and "feel" in the last sentence.
    Love, a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, I give you mad props for being so optimistic after all that shittiness. It reminds me that I have no reason to complain about anything. when do your kids arrive?

    ReplyDelete